Country Oaks Care Center is an average-sized facility in Pomona, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of F. Based on our assessment, you would be better off to steer clear of this facility. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Oaks Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Pomona senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although this place's overall grade was abysmal, it didn't perform terribly in the area of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is a decent score. That said, this wasn't enough to salvage its overall profile. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
This nursing home really didn't perform horribly in the category of inspections. We awarded it a grade of C for that category. Other categories turned out to be the source of this facility's abysmal overall grade. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 10 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were category J through L deficiencies. This indicates the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to place patient safety or health in imminent harm or jeopardy. Finally, we do need to point out that this nursing home received government fines in recent years. Fortunately these fines were on the lower end of the spectrum. However, this still isn't what you like to find.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Oaks Care Center?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Our nursing rating weighs several datapoints, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This place offered only 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. This facility was given an abysmal grade of F in that area. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Oaks Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Oaks Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Oaks Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Oaks Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who had UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Oaks Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Oaks Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Oaks Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Oaks Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Oaks Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Oaks Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Country Oaks Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Oaks Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Oaks Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Oaks Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.9 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.21 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.48 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.76 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.2.79 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis2.91 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center3.47 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Davita-Chino Dialysis4.14 miles away4445 Riverside Drive Chino California 91710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 464-0347
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.4.29 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.4.45 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230