Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem is a small facility in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive scores we offer. A grade in this range requires excellent marks across the board. Based on our ratings, you can not go wrong with this nursing home. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bethlehem senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection rating. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is generally a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. This nursing home was given a very good long-term care rating in our assessment, with a grade of B-. While this was not as dominant as several of its other category grades, this is still a respectable score for this area. Our long-term care ratings are more critical for folks in need of more traditional services related to activities of daily living. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that had a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 3.3% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 86.27% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Meadows Nursing Center of Bethlehem, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.15 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.64 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.5 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton3.35 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center3.52 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem4.97 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc5.18 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem5.32 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr7.69 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC8.27 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall8.83 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228