Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center is a senior living facility located in La Mesa, California, which has a total of 69,848 people. It looks like this is a fine facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. In our view, this place looks like a good fit for most people. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on La Mesa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B in this area. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's least impressive category. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Manor La Mesa Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 7.63 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Fmc-La Mesa Dialysis Center1.73 miles away5995 Severin Drive La Mesa California 91942CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 462-9992
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of College2.4 miles away5961 University Avenue Suite 317 San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (619) 286-0821
- Davita-College Dialysis2.47 miles away6535 University Avenue San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 287-8796
- Fmc-Rai-Fletcher Parkway-El Cajon3.61 miles away858 Fletcher Parkway El Cajon California 92020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 442-4122
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego3.82 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070
- Fmc-Balboa East County5.54 miles away570 N. Second Street El Cajon California 92021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 588-7500
- Davita-San Diego East6.13 miles away292 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100 San Diego California 92114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (619) 262-7225
- Childrens Hospital of San Diego6.35 miles away3020 Childrens Way, Mc 5115 San Diego California 92123Dialysis Stations: 5 (858) 966-8882