Country Manor Healthcare is one of just two facilities in Sylmar, California. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is very good rating. Based on all of the relevant data, you can't go wrong with this place. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its nursing rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Manor Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sylmar senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Sylmar, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Sylmar, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. When computing our nursing grades, we look at both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end resume, this nursing home also was given a dominant short-term care score, with a grade of A. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Manor Healthcare?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is this facility's poorest category. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a respectable grade of B- in long-term care. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we look at the facility's personal care services. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Manor Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Manor Healthcare, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Manor Healthcare, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that have suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Manor Healthcare, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Manor Healthcare, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Manor Healthcare, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Manor Healthcare, 5.83% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Manor Healthcare, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Manor Healthcare, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In Country Manor Healthcare, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Manor Healthcare, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Manor Healthcare, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.04 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Fmc-Rai-South Brand-San Fernando2.91 miles away501 S. Brand Blvd. San Fernando California 91340Dialysis Stations: 5 (818) 365-5270
- Fmc-San Fernando2.91 miles away451 S. Brand Blvd., Suite 100 San Fernando California 91340CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 837-9980
- Nrc-Sylmar Dialysis, LLC3.33 miles away12151 San Fernando Rd. Sylmar California 91342CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 465-9464
- Laurel Canyon Dialysis, LLC3.65 miles away8987 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Sun Valley California 91352CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (818) 771-9950
- Holy Cross Renal Center3.87 miles away14901 Rinaldi Street, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (818) 365-6961
- Fmc-Mission Hills3.87 miles away11550 Indian Hills Road, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (818) 898-1724
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis5.3 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822
- Nrc-Kidney Care Center of North Valley, Inc6.35 miles away16907 Devonshire Street Granada Hills California 91344CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 366-4600