With an address in El Cajon, California, Country Hills Post-Acute is one of six available nursing homes in the area. Sporting an overall score of B-, this is likely a decent facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in El Cajon. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Hills Post-Acute
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on El Cajon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also excelled in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Few nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Hills Post-Acute?
An additional reason we rated this facility so highly is that it earned an A+ nursing score. This is as good as it gets in this category. The nursing rating is based on a host of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility really did not perform well. With a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is this nursing home's weakest grade. With our short-term care score, we seek to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It appears that this place was subpar in multiple staffing metrics we looked at. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 3.6 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Hills Post-Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 2.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 1.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 17.92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 6.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 10.75% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 10.75% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 11.23% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Hills Post-Acute, 72.99% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for El Cajon, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? El Cajon, California has 5 other nursing homes
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.35 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.39 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 13.8 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away751 Medical Center Court Chula Vista California 91911Proprietary(619) 502-5800
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Fmc-Balboa East County0.78 miles away570 N. Second Street El Cajon California 92021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 588-7500
- Fmc-Rai-Fletcher Parkway-El Cajon2.86 miles away858 Fletcher Parkway El Cajon California 92020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 442-4122
- Fmc-La Mesa Dialysis Center4.57 miles away5995 Severin Drive La Mesa California 91942CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 462-9992
- Davita-College Dialysis8.41 miles away6535 University Avenue San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 287-8796
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of College8.6 miles away5961 University Avenue Suite 317 San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (619) 286-0821
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego9.72 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070
- Fmc-East Lakes10.66 miles away2391 Boswell Road Chula Vista California 91914CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (619) 397-0939
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Paradise10.68 miles away6919 Paradise Valley Road San Diego California 92139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 475-2872