Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility in Swansea, Massachusetts. This city has a population of 15,840 people. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. This nursing home has some things working in its favor. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2045 Grand Army Highway,
Swansea MA 02777
60.23% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this facility a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far better than its overall grade. Our inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a positive long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded them a grade of B in that category, which is one of our more favorable scores. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 84.36019 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Lastly, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. Although it had 2.21 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was close to the national average due to it having some more complex patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. When computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses are seeing residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provided just 3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, our nursing grades also consider some quality-focused measures. We especially look at the percentage of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. Sometimes these metrics are indicators of the quality of nursing care, since better care can reduce these issues.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, this facility really didn't fare very well. With a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this was this facility's poorest category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. With its score in this category, we were not surprised to find that this place was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home a bit in this metric as well, with just 45.1 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 6.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 3.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 19.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 1.96% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 91.59% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 19.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 19.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 10.96 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Gardens Skilled Nrsg & Rehabilitation Center, 70.74% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 5.94 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Dialysis Center of East Providence6.1 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC6.25 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital6.26 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital6.81 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton8.7 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Dialysis Center of Providence8.89 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna of Providence9.65 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket9.91 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313