With an address in Swansea, Massachusetts, Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center is the only facility we were able to find in the city. This nursing home turns out to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Swansea senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we gave this facility a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This is far more impressive than its overall score. Our inspection grades are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category grades came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. It actually performed better than most facilities in this area. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 90.38462 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its short-term care score, which is well below average in this category. In our short-term care category, we seek to create a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this place provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average nursing home. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.3 percent of its residents returning home.
The final category we assessed is nursing, proved to be this facility's least impressive category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. The nursing category consists of many data points, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 91.39% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Gardens Health & Rehabilitation Center, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 5.94 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Dialysis Center of East Providence6.1 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC6.25 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital6.26 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital6.81 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton8.7 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Dialysis Center of Providence8.89 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna of Providence9.65 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket9.91 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313