The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home in Cedar Park, Texas. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a decent grade. Based on all of the relevant data, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. Its inspection score was far better than its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive score in our long-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B in this category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.709305 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed well in this area. This is generally an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a very poor score. This is clearly a major disappointment. With our short-term care category, we strive to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often caused by poor nursing care. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Cedar Park, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Cedar Park, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.39 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 9.62 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Cedar Park Dialysis Center1.16 miles away1720 E Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 528-8478
- Davita Leander Dialysis2.37 miles away2906 S Bagdad Rd Ste 120 Leander Texas 78641Dialysis Stations: 16 (512) 260-4102
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cedar Park2.92 miles away1201 North Lakeline Blvd. Suite 100 Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 17 (512) 259-1329
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.6.01 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis7.04 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center7.33 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Nna - Roundrock8.38 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Madison Dialysis, LLC9.55 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097