Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community is a nursing home in Richardson, Texas, a city with 99,347 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall score of B-, which is a decent rating. Even though this is not our highest grade, it is ranked among the three highest graded facilities in Richardson. Based on our analysis, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. Our inspection scores are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's higher category grades was in the category of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B. It actually outpaced most facilities in this category. Our short-term care grade is often used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. When calculating our nursing grades, we weigh both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care. For that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.36957 percent of its residents. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson1.67 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Plano on Custer Dialysis3.8 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Fmc of West Plano3.89 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Collin County Dialysis Center3.94 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Davita Preston Dialysis4 miles away13340 Preston Rd Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 980-4361
- Renal Center of North Dallas, LLC4.1 miles away6190 Lbj Freeway Building 2 Suite 701 Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 789-0192
- Dallas North Dialysis Center4.23 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC4.42 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991