Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community is a nursing home in Richardson, Texas, a city with 99,347 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a good grade. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Richardson. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Richardson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall score, we awarded this facility an A for its inspection grade. This score is far better than its overall rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
This facility's second best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Nursing grades are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. While this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this subcategory. This is often a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area turned out to be long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Long-term care grades focus on a facility's personal care instead of the highly skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable figure. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this category. Our short-term care ratings are probably more important for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients who had falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson1.67 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Plano on Custer Dialysis3.8 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Fmc of West Plano3.89 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Collin County Dialysis Center3.94 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Davita Preston Dialysis4 miles away13340 Preston Rd Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 980-4361
- Renal Center of North Dallas, LLC4.1 miles away6190 Lbj Freeway Building 2 Suite 701 Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 789-0192
- Dallas North Dialysis Center4.23 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC4.42 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991