Cottage Lane Health and Rehab is located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Featuring an overall rating of B-, this appears to be a middle of the pack nursing home. Despite Little Rock having 14 other nursing homes to select from, this facility should be a respectable selection. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Cottage Lane Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received an inspection grade which is better than its overall grade. Inspection scores are based on the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded this nursing home a very solid grade of B+ in this area. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Cottage Lane Health and Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a positive grade in long-term care. This nursing home received a grade of B in this area, which happens to be one of our more impressive grades. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 91.15385 percent of its residents. This is a few points less than we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for short-term care. This is the nursing home's weakest category score. Sadly, this score hurt the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. In our short-term care rating, we try to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It looks like this nursing home was subpar in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the staffing figures we looked at. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cottage Lane Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 2.09% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 95.41% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 14.1% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cottage Lane Health and Rehab, 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 4.52 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 4.74 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.21 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis0.27 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic0.54 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis0.92 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC1.32 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis1.48 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC1.56 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Fmcna - East Little Rock2.58 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis4.57 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813