Cortlandt Healthcare is an average-sized nursing home in Cortlandt Manor, New York. With an overall grade of C, this is likely a solid nursing home. You could definitely do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
110 Oregon Road,
Cortlandt Manor NY 10567
88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category grades came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. It actually fared better than most nursing homes in this area. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 89.56229 percent of its residents. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.4 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Cortlandt Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a C. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers at least 50% more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. It outperformed the majority of facilities in the nation with 50.6 percent of its residents returning home.
This nursing home's worst area is nursing, which is the final category we scored. Sadly, it received an F for this area. Even with some solid scores in other categories, this score is still alarming so we wanted to draw your attention to it. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is slightly below the national average. To go along with its low totals in the area of nursing hours per patient, this place also didn't fare as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in determining our nursing grades. We looked at the percentage of patients experiencing major falls and pressure ulcers. This place had more pressure ulcers and falls than the average nursing home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cortlandt Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 9.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 2.09% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 11.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 13.02% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 92.45% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 14.69% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 18.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 18.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 8.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cortlandt Healthcare, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Keller Ach (West Point)Acute Care - Department of Defense 7.16 miles away900 Washington Rd West Point New York 10996Department of Defense(845) 938-4034
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 14.41 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- St Luke's Cornwall HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away70 Dubois Street Newburgh New York 12550Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 561-4400
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.41 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Davita Peekskill Cortlandt Dialysis Center1.25 miles away2050 East Main Street Suite 15 Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Dialysis Stations: 19 (914) 788-9326
- Yorktown Akc4.59 miles away2649 Strang Boulevard Dialysis Clinics, Inc Yorktown Heights New York 10598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (914) 962-4005
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis13.14 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Davita Celia Dill Dialysis Center13.48 miles away667 Stoneleigh Avenue Suite 123 Carmel New York 10512CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (845) 278-4150
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC13.85 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Liberty Hudson Valley Dialysis14.54 miles away4 Corwin Court Newburgh New York 12550CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (845) 534-9823
- Vestal Healthcare, LLC.15.37 miles away1485 Route 9d Wappingers Falls New York 12590Dialysis Stations: 12 (845) 838-8907
- Fishkill Dialysis Center15.42 miles away60 Merritt Blvd Suite 103 Fishkill New York 12524CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 440-1280