Coronado Healthcare Center is a large nursing home located in Phoenix, Arizona. We awarded this facility a quality overall rating of B+. After sizing up the other facilities in Phoenix, this seems to be a slightly higher quality option than most of them. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this place. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Coronado Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Phoenix senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score. This score is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a nursing home. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other achievements is its superb long-term care grade. We gave them one of our most impressive scores in that area, with a score of A. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 96.71233 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Coronado Healthcare Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is short-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B-. Although this is its weakest category score, this is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coronado Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 4.81% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 0.83% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 3.07% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 15.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 5.06% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 95.2% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 14.99% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 14.99% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 9.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coronado Healthcare Center, 77.18% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)1.53 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763
- Fmc-Glendale Town Center3.19 miles away4407 West Peoria Ave Glendale Arizona 85302Dialysis Stations: 25 (623) 934-9091
- Brookwood Dialysis Clinic (Dva)3.38 miles away8910 N 43rd Ave Ste 107 Glendale Arizona 85302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 937-2735
- Fmc North Mountain3.46 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Thunderbird Dialysis (Fmc)4.99 miles away5750 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg G #750 Glendale Arizona 85306CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 439-9502
- Arrowhead Dialysis (Fmc)5.28 miles away16844 N 59th Ave Glendale Arizona 85306Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 439-8200
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)5.28 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Glendale Family Health Center - Dialysis5.46 miles away5141 W Lamar Rd Glendale Arizona 85301Dialysis Stations: 8 (623) 344-6781