Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf is in Corona, California. This is not a bad facility with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Corona. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which is a positive for prospective patients with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection grade. Its inspection score was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave it a grade of A+. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing score. We awarded them an impressive grade of C in this area. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility was given a C in this category. In computing our long-term care grades, we size up the assistance with daily living offered to a nursing home's patients. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very solid percentage. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The critical question is whether this adversely affected quality of care. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Corona Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 16.6 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Davita-Corona Dialysis Center1.26 miles away2057 Compton Avenue, #101 Corona California 92881CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 735-5845
- Davita Circle City Dialysis2.23 miles away1180 W 6th Street Corona California 92882Dialysis Stations: 33 (951) 808-9068
- Davita-Norco Dialysis Center4.77 miles away1901 Town and Country Drive, Suite 100 Norco California 92860CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (951) 738-0185
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside5.2 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis5.27 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Fmc-Riverside5.35 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home5.6 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central5.62 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900