Corona Post Acute Center is a large facility in Corona, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber generally suggests some concerning datapoints. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a great fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing rating. You can scroll down to find out about nursing and other category scores
Corona Post Acute Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its much more favorable nursing rating this year. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this category, which was much better than its overall score. There are a host of criteria included in this grade. Many of these datapoints are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
We were also pleasantly surprised to award this facility a relatively favorable inspection rating as well. We awarded it a B- in this category, which easily topped its overall score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home received 15 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Corona Post Acute Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was given a grade of just D in this category. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. With a score this poor in this area, we were not surprised to find this nursing home was below average in two of the key staffing metrics we focus on. It offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, was this nursing home's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 99.798386 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable figure. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Corona Post Acute Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Corona Post Acute Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Corona Post Acute Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Corona Post Acute Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Corona Post Acute Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Corona Post Acute Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Corona Post Acute Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Corona Post Acute Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Corona Post Acute Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Corona Post Acute Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
In Corona Post Acute Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Corona Post Acute Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Corona Post Acute Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Corona Post Acute Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.26 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Corona Dialysis Center1.97 miles away2057 Compton Avenue, #101 Corona California 92881CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 735-5845
- Davita Circle City Dialysis2.08 miles away1180 W 6th Street Corona California 92882Dialysis Stations: 33 (951) 808-9068
- Davita-Norco Dialysis Center5.35 miles away1901 Town and Country Drive, Suite 100 Norco California 92860CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (951) 738-0185
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside6.23 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis6.32 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Fmc-Riverside6.41 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home6.66 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central6.67 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900