Corona Health Care Center is in Corona, California. Sporting an overall score of B-, this is a solid facility. You could certainly do worse than this facility. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Corona Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Corona senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than its overall rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. The nursing grade consists of several factors, but the main one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Corona Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our more impressive scores. Short-term care grades are important for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. It does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. This facility was given a grade of C in this area. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Corona Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Corona Health Care Center, 8.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Corona Health Care Center, 3.52% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Corona Health Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents which had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Corona Health Care Center, 1.9% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Corona Health Care Center, 14.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Corona Health Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Corona Health Care Center, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Corona Health Care Center, 8.6% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Corona Health Care Center, 11.89% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Corona Health Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Corona Health Care Center, 11.89% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Corona Health Care Center, 9.63% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Corona Health Care Center, 80.02% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.03 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 15.22 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.71 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.75 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Davita-Corona Dialysis Center1.72 miles away2057 Compton Avenue, #101 Corona California 92881CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 735-5845
- Davita Circle City Dialysis2.19 miles away1180 W 6th Street Corona California 92882Dialysis Stations: 33 (951) 808-9068
- Davita-Norco Dialysis Center3.94 miles away1901 Town and Country Drive, Suite 100 Norco California 92860CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (951) 738-0185
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside4.35 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis4.53 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Fmc-Riverside4.67 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home4.89 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central4.9 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900