With an address in Lafayette, Louisiana, Cornerstone at the Ranch is one of a mere three facilities in the city. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a great option. You can certainly do much worse than this place. Finally, this facility did have an ownership change in the last 12 months, so we'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure it maintains its excellent quality standards.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cornerstone at the Ranch
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Cornerstone at the Ranch has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Please note our records indicate that Cornerstone at the Ranch has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Lafayette senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many facilities fared better in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong long-term care score. Indeed, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 90.85714 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points lower than we expected but still a respectable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Cornerstone at the Ranch?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. The nursing grade assesses many subcategories, however, the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this area. This is a decent grade in this area. Our short-term care scores are critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cornerstone at the Ranch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 2.69% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 16.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 22.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 1.51% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 85.51% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 19.03% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 13.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 2.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 13.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 13.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cornerstone at the Ranch, 67.8% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 1 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.16 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 18.63 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Abrom Kaplan Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.97 miles away1310 West Seventh Street Kaplan Louisiana 70548Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 643-8300
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis3.08 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - West Lafayette3.16 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette3.77 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - East Lafayette4.73 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)5.55 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - North Lafayette5.8 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge11.36 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Veterans Memorial13.46 miles away1820 Veterans Memorial Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Dialysis Stations: 17 (337) 898-1932