Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway is one of seven available facilities in Denton, Texas. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. The nursing homes in Denton received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the category of inspections. In this category, we gave this nursing home a B+. It actually outperformed most facilities in this area. Our inspection scores are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to note that this facility was given favorable long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more impressive grades in this category, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second best score. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 91.23506 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our more impressive scores. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to score a facility's rehabilitation services In order to offer highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. We weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Moving on to the last area, we gave this facility a D in nursing. This was the facility's worst category grade. Sadly, this grade hurt the facility's overall profile to some degree. There are many factors within this area. Many of these factors reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 4.66% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Denton, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Denton, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.7 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville0.14 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC2.74 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Highland Village Dialysis5.62 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC7.07 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound7.77 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp9.05 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville9.92 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville10.07 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211