Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway is one of a mere three nursing homes located in Denton, Texas. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely much worse places out there. This nursing home did not excel in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any rock-bottom grades either. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Denton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent facility is that it earned a favorable inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The next most favorable area we awarded this facility in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. Our long-term care ratings are more important for individuals needing more traditional services associated with personal care. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 89.4958 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest area we gave this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. Short-term care grades are crucial for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The important question is whether this adversely affected quality of care. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The final area we graded was nursing, which proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that category. Our nursing score is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This statistic is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 6.7% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 5.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 0.47% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 8.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 28.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 0% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 87.93% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 24% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 23.24% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Some would argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 23.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 13.94% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 65.42% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.7 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville0.14 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC2.74 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Highland Village Dialysis5.62 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC7.07 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound7.77 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp9.05 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville9.92 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville10.07 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211