Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway is one of seven available facilities in Denton, Texas. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Denton. We were also pleased to find that this place received consistently decent grades in all four of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3511 Corinth Parkway,
Denton TX 76208
54.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection score which is better than its overall rating. Inspection grades are associated with the facility's recent inspections. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a solid grade in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 89.24303 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly less than what we were hoping for. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third most favorable category score in the category of short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this area, which is an acceptable score. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. It does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
The last category we graded is nursing. For that category, we gave this facility a grade of C. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below the national average. Finally, while this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Corinth Rehabilitation Suites on the Parkway, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Denton, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Denton, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 14.7 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville0.14 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC2.74 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Highland Village Dialysis5.62 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC7.07 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound7.77 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp9.05 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville9.92 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville10.07 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211