Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Fenton, Missouri. It looks like this nursing home is one of the better nursing homes we looked at. A grade in this range requires high-end scores across the board. This is really as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next section.
Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
560 Corisande Hills Road,
Fenton MO 63026
57.08% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in nursing, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Nursing ratings are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its dominant profile, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in that category. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 92.44713 percent of its patients. This is a bit below what we expected but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was awarded favorable short-term care grades in our assessment. Indeed, we gave it one of our higher scores in that category, with a score of B+. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is frequently a reliable assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Moving on to our inspection category, it appears this nursing home has received quality inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a score of B in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 4.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 88.53% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cori Manor Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.3 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis2.94 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis3.45 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis3.56 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130
- Fenton Dialysis Center4.19 miles away850 Horan Dr. Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 305-1144
- Fmc - Arnold4.2 miles away2194 Michigan Ave Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 287-1160
- Home Dialysis South4.27 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Arnold Dialysis5.56 miles away102 Richardson Xing Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 8 (636) 467-5619
- South County Dialysis Center5.79 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851