Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Neptune, New Jersey. This is a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This place definitely has plenty working in its favor. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We gave it an A+ for this area, which is one of our best grades. Our inspection scores are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its dominant long-term care grade. It received one of our more impressive grades in that category, with a grade of A-. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 83.666664 percent of its patients, which is slightly below what we were hoping for. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable category turned out to be short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are critical for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home's weakest area was nursing, which is the last area we scored. In this area, we gave this nursing home a D. In computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coral Harbor Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Neptune, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Neptune, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.19 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.32 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Davita Shore Dialysis0.31 miles away300 West Sylvania Avenue Suite 1 Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 988-3684
- Shining Star Davita Neptune Dc0.59 miles away2180 Bradley Avenue Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 775-2725
- Fmc Neptune0.76 miles away2441 State Hwy 33 at Fortunato Place Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (732) 643-9260
- Dialyze Direct2.04 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Wall Township Home Training4.44 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Davita Atlantic Akc4.93 miles away6 Industrial Way West Suite B Eatontown New Jersey 07724CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (732) 460-1414
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc9.85 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc10.22 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669