Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation is an average-sized facility located in West Palm Beach, Florida. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B, which is favorable rating. You can certainly do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on West Palm Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an impressive inspection grade. Inspections is its best category. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Our nursing rating is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also received a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final area is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this category. In forming these long-term care scores, we assess the facility's personal care services. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.715904 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 11.52% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 0.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 0.3% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 5.63% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 10.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 0% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 99.36% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 22.42% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 23.38% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 23.38% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 4.65% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 80.5% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 8.96 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Palm Springs Dialysis Center, LLC1.22 miles away1890 S Military Trail West Palm Beach Florida 33415Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 966-9448
- Greenacres Dialysis Center1.37 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center2.3 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611
- Lake Worth Dialysis2.31 miles away2459 S Congress Ave #100 West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 25 (561) 439-1532
- Renal Care Center - Wellington3.01 miles away9835 Lake Worth Rd Ste 13 Lake Worth Florida 33467Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 969-7799
- Fmc - Atlantis3.45 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Fresenius Kidney Care of Wellington West5.34 miles away1221 S State Road 7 Suite 101 Wellington Florida 33414Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 784-4046
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach5.44 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585