Copper Health Oro Valley is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Tucson, Arizona. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a good score. We wanted to point out that Tucson received a city grade of B, so you may wish to look at other options in the city as well. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Copper Health Oro Valley
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Tucson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in the area of short-term care, where it earned an A. This is far better than the nursing home's overall grade, which was certainly not elite. In crafting our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received high marks in the category of long-term care, with a very impressive grade of A- in this area. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. This facility clearly performed well enough in these metrics to earn a quality grade in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Copper Health Oro Valley?
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a resident more often.
In our last category of inspections, this nursing home received a terrible grade. Unfortunately, with an F in the inspection category, this facility's overall grade was pulled down significantly. For nursing homes with bad inspection grades, you should focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place received significant government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This generally means that a bad performance has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Copper Health Oro Valley Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Copper Health Oro Valley, 18.97% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Copper Health Oro Valley, 78.75% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 15 other nursing homes
- Oro Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away1551 East Tangerine Road Tucson Arizona 85755Proprietary(520) 901-3549
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 10.63 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 15.23 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.36 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.48 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Davita Oro Valley Dialysis2.58 miles away1521 E Tangerine Road Suite 101 Tucson Arizona 85755Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 219-2879
- Tangerine Crossing5.73 miles away3600 W Tangerine Rd Suite 120 Marana Arizona 85658Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 477-0341
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Dva)9.14 miles away2945 W Ina Rd Ste 105 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (520) 797-0049
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Fmc)10.34 miles away6261 N La Cholla Blvd Ste 181 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 297-1490
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)13.34 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)14.77 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)14.87 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit15.5 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176