Copper Health Oro Valley is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Tucson, Arizona. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a good score. As far as we can see, this place is a solid choice for most people. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its strong short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Copper Health Oro Valley
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we want to emphasize its excellent short-term care score. We awarded them an A in this area. In crafting our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Another quality feature for this nursing home is that it received a favorable long-term care score. In fact, this wound up being its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. This facility seems like a good starting point if you're searching for a long-term care facility.
Does this page answer your questions about Copper Health Oro Valley?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. There are several datapoints within this area. Many of the subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Moving on the final category of government inspections, we gave this facility a C for this category. Inspection ratings are tied to data points found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were category G through L deficiencies. This means that it avoided the more ominous classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Copper Health Oro Valley Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Copper Health Oro Valley, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Copper Health Oro Valley, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 20 other nursing homes
- Oro Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away1551 East Tangerine Road Tucson Arizona 85755Proprietary(520) 901-3549
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 10.63 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 15.23 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.36 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.48 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Davita Oro Valley Dialysis2.58 miles away1521 E Tangerine Road Suite 101 Tucson Arizona 85755Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 219-2879
- Tangerine Crossing5.73 miles away3600 W Tangerine Rd Suite 120 Marana Arizona 85658Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 477-0341
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Dva)9.14 miles away2945 W Ina Rd Ste 105 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (520) 797-0049
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Fmc)10.34 miles away6261 N La Cholla Blvd Ste 181 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 297-1490
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)13.34 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)14.77 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)14.87 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit15.5 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176