Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper is a facility located in Stoughton, Massachusetts, a city with a total of 26,999 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is an elite grade. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top quarter of all facilities nationally. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
380 Sumner Street,
Stoughton MA 02072
73.73% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Stoughton, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Stoughton, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home has earned near flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this area. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's government inspections. Places that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing score is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for its long-term care score. This finished off a very favorable report card. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.03226 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 1.93% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 91.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 9.45 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC1.05 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center2.06 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC2.1 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)8.47 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.48 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis9.51 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Quality Care Dialysis Center9.6 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis9.98 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696