Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper is a facility located in Stoughton, Massachusetts, a city with a total of 26,999 people. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a very elite grade. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the nation. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Stoughton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Stoughton, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Stoughton, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper?
In addition, this facility also received excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best grades in that category, with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B+. This rounded out a very strong report card. Very few facilities received a B+ or higher in every category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 95.541405 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 2.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 91.39% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Copley at Stoughton - Baystate Consolidated Proper, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 9.45 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC1.05 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center2.06 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC2.1 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)8.47 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.48 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis9.51 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Quality Care Dialysis Center9.6 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis9.98 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696