Cook Willow Convalescent Hospi is a small nursing home located in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Massachusetts. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of elite facilities. You really can not do much better than this facility. As you will find below, this place also performed just fine in our category grades. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Cook Willow Convalescent Hospi
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
81 Hillside Avenue,
East Bridgewater MA 02333
98.66% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Cook Willow Convalescent Hospi has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To pair with a strong overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for inspections. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its impressive achievements in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care score. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. This facility is as good as it gets in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Cook Willow Convalescent Hospi?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home averages 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility was awarded a highly favorable short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that area, finishing off one of our more favorable report cards. In determining our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. We found that it offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - PlymouthAcute Care Hospitals 14.53 miles away275 Sandwich Street Plymouth Massachusetts 02360Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 746-2000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.69 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.71 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.96 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC9.14 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center9.23 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Fresenius Medical Care of Plymouth Cordage11.87 miles away10 Cordage Park Circle Suite 213 Plymouth Massachusetts 02360CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 732-9272
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center11.89 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC12.26 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis12.76 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis13.91 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center14.68 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100