Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility in Orlando, Florida. This turns out to be an A rated facility. This facility received one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. We rated this nursing home as one of the 100 best facilities in Florida, which is a distinguished list. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its long-term care rating. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Orlando senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Orlando, Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Orlando, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility also received an A+ inspection score, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. This grade is based on the place's inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. It doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. The nursing score assesses many datapoints, however, the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth area, this facility was given an extremely favorable short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an A- in that category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Our short-term care grades are important for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 95.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 10.53 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.49 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando3.08 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910
- Orlando Airport Dialysis3.12 miles away5778 S Semoran Blvd Suite A Orlando Florida 32822Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 282-3835
- Hewell Kids Kidney Center at Orlando Health3.49 miles away92 W Miller Street Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 5 (321) 841-7970
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis3.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567
- Orlando Dialysis3.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Orlando Florida 32806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (407) 426-9212
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc3.66 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Florida Hospital Esrd4.49 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.5.22 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191