Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility in Orlando, Florida. This turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating system requires excellent performance across the board. We were impressed enough to rank this facility as one of the top 50 facilities in Florida. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. We weren't able to track down deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ for its long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.63503 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing grades are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. This rounded out a first-rate report card. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 10.53 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.49 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando3.08 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910
- Orlando Airport Dialysis3.12 miles away5778 S Semoran Blvd Suite A Orlando Florida 32822Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 282-3835
- Hewell Kids Kidney Center at Orlando Health3.49 miles away92 W Miller Street Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 5 (321) 841-7970
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis3.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567
- Orlando Dialysis3.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Orlando Florida 32806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (407) 426-9212
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc3.66 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Florida Hospital Esrd4.49 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.5.22 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191