Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility in Orlando, Florida. This turns out to be an A rated facility. This facility received one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top ten percent of all facilities in the nation. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Orlando, Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Orlando, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Very few nursing homes fared this well in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. We were not able to track down deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another reason we assessed this nursing home so favorably is that it was given an A+ long-term care grade. This is just about as dominant as it gets in this category. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.646645 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses at the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home was given an A-. This topped off a very impressive report card. Not many nursing homes received an A- or better in every category. Our short-term care grades are critical for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which had UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Conway Lakes Health & Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 10.53 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.49 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando3.08 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910
- Orlando Airport Dialysis3.12 miles away5778 S Semoran Blvd Suite A Orlando Florida 32822Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 282-3835
- Hewell Kids Kidney Center at Orlando Health3.49 miles away92 W Miller Street Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 5 (321) 841-7970
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis3.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567
- Orlando Dialysis3.64 miles away116 Sturtevant St Orlando Florida 32806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (407) 426-9212
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc3.66 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Florida Hospital Esrd4.49 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.5.22 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191