Eagle's Trace Senior Living is located in Houston, Texas, which appears to have a variety of nursing homes. We gave this nursing home a very impressive overall rating of A. With a grade of this magnitude, it turned out to be a better option than the vast majority of the nursing homes in Houston. Based on our ratings, this place is just about as as good as it gets. As you can find below, this facility performed just as well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
Eagle's Trace Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are typically used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. This is one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Eagle's Trace Senior Living?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing score is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong long-term care score, with an A-. This topped off a rare straight A profile. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eagle's Trace Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents which suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 8.62 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- West Oaks Dialysis Center1.99 miles away14800 Westheimer Road Suite A Houston Texas 77082Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 752-5469
- Westminster Dialysis2.83 miles away12121 Westheimer Rd Ste 138 Houston Texas 77077Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 493-9046
- Davita - Memorial Dialysis Center3.45 miles away11621 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77079CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (281) 558-5702
- West Point Dialysis3.64 miles away12051 Westpark Drive Suite 100 Houston Texas 77082CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 920-4892
- Bannack Dialysis, LLC3.79 miles away12606 West Park Drive Houston Texas 77082Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 679-1848
- Horizon Dialysis4.36 miles away2222 Greenhouse Rd Houston Texas 77084Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 829-5941
- Fresenius Medical Care Mission Bend4.67 miles away6886 Highway 6 South Houston Texas 77083Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 568-0440
- West Houston Home Dialysis5.18 miles away1319 Sam Houston Pkwy N, Ste 130 Houston Texas 77043Dialysis Stations: 1 (713) 465-0005