Eagle's Trace Senior Living is located in Houston, Texas. The city provides many nursing home options. We gave this facility a very impressive overall score of A. With a score in this range, this nursing home ended up being a far better option than many of the facilities in Houston. Based on our ratings, this facility is just about as as good as it gets. As you will find below, this facility also performed well in our category scores. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eagle's Trace Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its dominant performance in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A for our long-term care rating. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Eagle's Trace Senior Living?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also fared very well in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Few facilities received a better grade in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is typically a useful assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In our final category, we awarded this nursing home a A+ for its nursing score. This rounded out an elite profile. There are numerous data points included in this category. Most of these data points reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eagle's Trace Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eagle's Trace Senior Living, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 8.62 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- West Oaks Dialysis Center1.99 miles away14800 Westheimer Road Suite A Houston Texas 77082Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 752-5469
- Westminster Dialysis2.83 miles away12121 Westheimer Rd Ste 138 Houston Texas 77077Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 493-9046
- Davita - Memorial Dialysis Center3.45 miles away11621 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77079CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (281) 558-5702
- West Point Dialysis3.64 miles away12051 Westpark Drive Suite 100 Houston Texas 77082CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 920-4892
- Bannack Dialysis, LLC3.79 miles away12606 West Park Drive Houston Texas 77082Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 679-1848
- Horizon Dialysis4.36 miles away2222 Greenhouse Rd Houston Texas 77084Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 829-5941
- Fresenius Medical Care Mission Bend4.67 miles away6886 Highway 6 South Houston Texas 77083Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 568-0440
- West Houston Home Dialysis5.18 miles away1319 Sam Houston Pkwy N, Ste 130 Houston Texas 77043Dialysis Stations: 1 (713) 465-0005