Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach is located in West Palm Beach, Florida. The city provides many available nursing homes. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a decent rating. You could certainly do worse than this nursing home. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1626 Davis Rd,
West Palm Beach FL 33406
36.58% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really fared well in our long-term care category. We awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that area. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This nursing home's second best category is inspections. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. The nursing rating weighs many subcategories, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, while this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often associated with poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 94.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 11 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 7.15 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center0.43 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611
- Lake Worth Dialysis0.63 miles away2459 S Congress Ave #100 West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 25 (561) 439-1532
- Palm Springs Dialysis Center, LLC1.02 miles away1890 S Military Trail West Palm Beach Florida 33415Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 966-9448
- Greenacres Dialysis Center3.43 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach4.23 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Fmc - Atlantis4.46 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Renal Care Center - Wellington5.04 miles away9835 Lake Worth Rd Ste 13 Lake Worth Florida 33467Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 969-7799
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.08 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355