With an address in West Palm Beach, Florida, Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach is one of six facilities in this city. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a respectable grade. We wanted to point out that West Palm Beach received a city grade of A-, so you may wish to consider some other options in the city as well. Finally, we wanted to make sure you are aware that there was an ownership change at this facility in the last 12 months. We will follow their performance over the next year to determine whether any adjustments to their grades are necessary.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on West Palm Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the category of inspections. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this area. Inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Nursing scores are mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a solid grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B-. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care grade of C. Long-term care grades are used to grade a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 95.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Consulate Health Care of West Palm Beach, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 7.15 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center0.43 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611
- Lake Worth Dialysis0.63 miles away2459 S Congress Ave #100 West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 25 (561) 439-1532
- Palm Springs Dialysis Center, LLC1.02 miles away1890 S Military Trail West Palm Beach Florida 33415Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 966-9448
- Greenacres Dialysis Center3.43 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach4.23 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Fmc - Atlantis4.46 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Renal Care Center - Wellington5.04 miles away9835 Lake Worth Rd Ste 13 Lake Worth Florida 33467Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 969-7799
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.08 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355