Living Center of Safety Harbor is in Safety Harbor, Florida. This city has a total of 17,496 people. Sporting an overall rating of B, this appears to be a very respectable facility. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Living Center of Safety Harbor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its dominant short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our most favorable grades in that area, with a score of A-. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is typically a reliable assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Living Center of Safety Harbor?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. We analyzed the levels of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this facility received an acceptable long-term care grade of B-. Our long-term care scores are based on the facility's amount of nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Living Center of Safety Harbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Living Center of Safety Harbor, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Bma - Clearwater2.41 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin3.72 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater4.47 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies6.72 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center6.72 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater6.74 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC6.83 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490