Consulate Health Care of Pensacola is located in Pensacola, Florida, which is among the largest cities in the country. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some solid marks. The facilities in Pensacola received a city grade of A- so this is not the only good option in the city. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Consulate Health Care of Pensacola
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the pack score in the category of long-term care, with a grade of B-. Our long-term care ratings are more critical for people needing more conventional services associated with personal care. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 96.084335 percent of its residents. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Consulate Health Care of Pensacola?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This place averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this area. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last category is short-term care, where we gave this nursing home a C in this area. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Consulate Health Care of Pensacola Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients which have sustained falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 94.61% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Consulate Health Care of Pensacola, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Pensacola, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Pensacola, Florida has 12 other nursing homes
- Ascension Sacred Heart PensacolaAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away5151 N 9th Ave Pensacola Florida 32504Voluntary non-profit - Private(850) 416-7000
- Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away1000 W Moreno St Pensacola Florida 32501Voluntary non-profit - Private(850) 434-4011
- West Florida HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away8383 N Davis Hwy Pensacola Florida 32514Proprietary(850) 494-4000
- Gulf Breeze HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away1110 Gulf Breeze Pkwy Gulf Breeze Florida 32561Voluntary non-profit - Other(850) 934-2000
- Santa Rosa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away6002 Berryhill Rd Milton Florida 32570Proprietary(850) 626-7762
- Rcg - Sacred Heart - Ped Dialysis2.45 miles away5151 N 9th Ave Pensacola Florida 32504Dialysis Stations: 7 (850) 416-7426
- Fresenius Kidney Care Central Pensacola2.91 miles away5476 Mobile Highway Pensacola Florida 32526Dialysis Stations: 16 (850) 944-8997
- West Pensacola Dialysis Center3.07 miles away598 Fairfield Drive Pensacola Florida 32506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (850) 453-6066
- Fmc - Pensacola3.16 miles away1305 W Moreno St Pensacola Florida 32501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (850) 434-1176
- Rcg - Sacred Heart - Adult Dialysis3.21 miles away5401 Corporate Woods Dr Ste 850 Pensacola Florida 32504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (850) 484-8646
- West Florida Dialysis3.57 miles away8333 North Davis Highway Pensacola Florida 32514CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (850) 474-8424
- Downtown Pensacola Dialysis4.24 miles away700 E Cervantes St #A Pensacola Florida 32501CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (850) 433-1534
- Rcg - Baptist North4.27 miles away1040 East Nine Mile Rd Pensacola Florida 32514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (850) 475-9102