Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park is one of seven nursing homes located in Orange Park, Florida. This facility was given a bottom of the barrel overall grade based on the data we looked at. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is not a fit for anyone. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a terrible overall grade, we gave it a grade of B for our inspections category. This is the result of the facility receiving a decent inspection report this year. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid facilities that have too many deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't grade out terribly in the category of long-term care. Indeed, we gave it a grade of B- for that category, which turned out to be another one of its better grades. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.9899 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing score assesses a handful of subcategories, however, the main one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home really didn't perform well in this category either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as terrible as it gets. Short-term care ratings are critical for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this facility offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that experienced UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Orange Park, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orange Park, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 3.76 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center0.77 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North0.77 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Orange Park Kidney Center1.34 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center2.88 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Fleming Island Dialysis5.21 miles away4575 Us Hwy 17 Unit 301 Fleming Island Florida 32003Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 215-2476
- Fresenius Kidney Care Clay County5.22 miles away400 College Dr Bldg 400 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 272-9514
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis5.95 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville8.64 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322