Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park is one of four nursing homes located in Orange Park, Florida. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Based on our assessment, this place may not be the best fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Orange Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually received a very good grade in the area of inspections. We gave it a B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid facilities that had too many deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care grade appears to be one of its more favorable grades. The nursing home received a B- in this category. Our long-term care ratings are crucial for residents looking for personal care. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinates 96.06061 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park?
We were stunned to find that this nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing. We awarded it an impressive grade of D for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in this area. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 2.53% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 95.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Raydiant Health Care of Orange Park, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Orange Park, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orange Park, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 3.76 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center0.77 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North0.77 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Orange Park Kidney Center1.34 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center2.88 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Fleming Island Dialysis5.21 miles away4575 Us Hwy 17 Unit 301 Fleming Island Florida 32003Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 215-2476
- Fresenius Kidney Care Clay County5.22 miles away400 College Dr Bldg 400 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 272-9514
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis5.95 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville8.64 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322