Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey is located in New Port Richey, Florida, a city with a population of 115,083 people. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. The facilities in New Port Richey received quality grades across the board with a city grade of a B. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong score in our long-term care category. We gave this nursing home a better than average grade of B in that category. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. In computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are caring for residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Finally, although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. For this category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which sustained a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Consulate Health Care of New Port Richey, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for New Port Richey, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? New Port Richey, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away14000 Fivay Rd Hudson Florida 34667Proprietary(727) 819-2929
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.43 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.7 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 17.22 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 18.16 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 19.73 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Davita Trinity Dialysis0.98 miles away2870 Bund Ave New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 372-7742
- Physicians Dialysis Trinity1.3 miles away9332 State Road 54 Suite 306 New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 13 (727) 848-0106
- New Port Richey Kidney Center4.37 miles away7421 Ridge Road Port Richey Florida 34668CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (727) 846-8401
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC6.12 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Bayonet Point - Hudson Kidney Ctr10.02 miles away14144 Nephron Ln Hudson Florida 34667Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 863-5459
- Physicians Dialysis - Hudson10.1 miles away14153 Yosemite Dr Ste 102 Hudson Florida 34667Dialysis Stations: 8 (727) 862-0603
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater12.31 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis13.08 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864