Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville is an average-sized nursing home located in Jacksonville, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid marks. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Jacksonville, which is a B-. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its excellent health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher scores in that area, with an A-. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category grades was in the area of long-term care. This turned out to be its second most favorable category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In determining these long-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses were with patients, in determining our rating in this category. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home did not perform well. Due to a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this was this facility's worst category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 8.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 0.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 12.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 34.08% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 99.46% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 6.93% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 8.6% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 8.6% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 3.71% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 65.73% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.83 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc0.07 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint0.25 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362
- Bma of Florida, Incorporated1.32 miles away5730 Bowden Road Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 419-0273
- Memorial Plaza Dialysis2.12 miles away3901 University Blvd S #111 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 18 (904) 731-0247
- Taskett Dialysis, LLC2.25 miles away8021 Philips Highway Suite 15 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 636-9652
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville2.71 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322
- Fmc - Mandarin3.97 miles away9143 Philips Hwy Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 538-0270
- Bma - Saint Johns4.23 miles away3132 Saint Johns Bluff Rd S Jacksonville Florida 32246Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 641-0806