Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville is an average-sized nursing home located in Jacksonville, Florida. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. Based on our assessment, this facility probably isn't a fit for anyone. Nevertheless, this facility surprisingly performed well in our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with a grade of A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving a a terrible score in our short-term care category. It was given a lowly F in this category. With our short-term care rating, we try to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Considering its score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the figures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was given an F. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.69231 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The next area we graded is nursing, in which this nursing home received a very poor grade in this category as well. We gave it an F for this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. In computing our nursing grades, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents which had a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who sustained a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Raydiant Health Care of Jacksonville, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.83 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc0.07 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint0.25 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362
- Bma of Florida, Incorporated1.32 miles away5730 Bowden Road Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 419-0273
- Memorial Plaza Dialysis2.12 miles away3901 University Blvd S #111 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 18 (904) 731-0247
- Taskett Dialysis, LLC2.25 miles away8021 Philips Highway Suite 15 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 636-9652
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville2.71 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322
- Fmc - Mandarin3.97 miles away9143 Philips Hwy Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 538-0270
- Bma - Saint Johns4.23 miles away3132 Saint Johns Bluff Rd S Jacksonville Florida 32246Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 641-0806