Conner-Williams Nursing Home is a small facility in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. Based on our analysis, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Conner-Williams Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Aug 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Conner-Williams Nursing Home has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Ridley Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
We awarded this facility one of our better scores in the area of nursing, with an A-. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category grades came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This score is typically a fair assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Conner-Williams Nursing Home?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care rating. This is not an impressive grade. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 54.098362 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
The final category we assessed was inspections. This nursing home did not receive favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we gave it an F in this category. This pulled down this nursing home's overall grade quite a bit. When a facility has this poor of an inspection score, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 19 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Conner-Williams Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 7.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 1.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 6.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 21.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 30.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 1.82% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 76.7% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 18.95% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 27.77% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Conner-Williams Nursing Home, 27.77% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.33 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Davita - Woodlyn Dialysis1.3 miles away1310 Macdade Blvd. Woodlyn Pennsylvania 19094Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 833-1713
- Davita - Waverly Dialysis1.42 miles awayWaverly Square 407 Baltimore Pike Morton Pennsylvania 19070CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 690-1100
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.1.98 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Providence Square Home Training2.97 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sharon Hill, LLC3.59 miles away700 Chester Pike Sharon Hill Pennsylvania 19079Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 532-2935
- Upland Dialysis Center3.8 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Davita - West Philadelphia Dialysis4.73 miles away7609 Lindberg Boulevard Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19153Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 937-1103
- u.s. Renal Care - Philadelphia5.18 miles away2910 S. 70th Street, Suite 3a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19142CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 937-1673