Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center - Lee Campus is one of seven available nursing homes located in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. In addition, this nursing home is based in a hospital, which often means the nursing home offers more extensive medical services. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center - Lee Campus
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
320 Main Street,
Johnstown PA 15901
55.33% estimated occupancy 1
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Johnstown, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Johnstown, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Johnstown, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for inspections. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given dominant marks in the area of short-term care. Consequently, it was given one of our best scores in that category with a score of A+. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is typically a useful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center - Lee Campus?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In computing our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in this area, with a B-. Even though this is not as dominant as some of its other scores, it is still not a major area of concern. Long-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of nursing care. This means a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We weren't able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center - Lee Campus Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center - Lee Campus, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center - Lee Campus, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Johnstown, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Johnstown, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- Conemaugh Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.48 miles away1086 Franklin Street Johnstown Pennsylvania 15905Proprietary(814) 534-9000
- Chan Soon- Shiong Medical Center at WindberAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away600 Somerset Avenue Windber Pennsylvania 15963Voluntary non-profit - Private(814) 467-3000
- Davita Napoleon Place Dialysis0.45 miles away420 Napoleon Place Johnstown Pennsylvania 15901Dialysis Stations: 12 (814) 535-8205
- Zz-Closed-Prodigy Dialysis, LLC - Osborne Street1.66 miles away88 Osborne Street Johnstown Pennsylvania 15905Dialysis Stations: 1 (814) 539-0798
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Richland Square4.49 miles away105 Metzler Street Johnstown Pennsylvania 15904Dialysis Stations: 11 (814) 262-7560
- Davita Budfield Street Home Dialysis5.47 miles away350 Budfield Street, Suite 1 Johnstown Pennsylvania 15904Dialysis Stations: 2 (814) 254-4262
- Davita - Pdi Johnstown5.48 miles away344 Budfield Street Johnstown Pennsylvania 15904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (814) 266-4949
- Davita - Pdi Ebensburg16.12 miles away429 Manor Dr., Suite 650 Ebensburg Pennsylvania 15931Dialysis Stations: 9 (814) 472-2642
- Dci at Chestnut Ridge19.12 miles away25 Colony Boulevard, Suite 112 Blairsville Pennsylvania 15717Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 459-4980