Concordia Village of Tampa is in Tampa, Florida. This city is one of the most populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 717,255 people. With an overall grade of B+, this is a strong facility. We were pleased to find out that this was in line with the other nursing homes in Tampa, which is one of the better cities in Florida to find a nursing home. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Concordia Village of Tampa
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled in our short-term care category, where it earned a grade of A-. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our short-term care grades are critical for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Village of Tampa?
Turning to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection rating. In that area, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of B+. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable scores in this area, with a B. This facility ended up being very solid across the board. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 84.13174 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we expected but still a respectable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Village of Tampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that have experienced a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 94.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.91 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 17.35 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Usf Dialysis Center1.57 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Temple Terrace Dialysis1.78 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa2.76 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Fmc - Ybor City5.21 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Carrollwood Dialysis5.48 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis5.49 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center6.4 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Dsi - Tampa Central6.99 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100