Concordia Village of Tampa is in Tampa, Florida. This city is one of the most populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 717,255 people. With an overall grade of D, this is a subpar nursing home. Tampa received a city grade of B, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Concordia Village of Tampa
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Concordia Village of Tampa has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Tampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this place a bad overall score, we gave it a somewhat respectable score in the area of inspections, where it received a B-. This was certainly better than its other category grades. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a low total compared with most other nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Village of Tampa?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its third highest category score in the category of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a B- in this area, which is a respectable grade. Our short-term care grades are likely more meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The real question is whether this also affected quality of care. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, this facility received an acceptable long-term care grade of B-. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 67.83626 percent of its patients. This is significantly lower than what we expected. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Village of Tampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 2.53% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 95.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Village of Tampa, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.91 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 17.35 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Usf Dialysis Center1.57 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Temple Terrace Dialysis1.78 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa2.76 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Fmc - Ybor City5.21 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Carrollwood Dialysis5.48 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis5.49 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center6.4 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Dsi - Tampa Central6.99 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100