Concordia of the South Hills is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which is among the largest cities in the country. This facility is ranked among the most impressive facilities we assessed. This facility was given one of the best grades that we offer. Pittsburgh features a host of other nursing homes, but we doubt you will need to visit too many others. This one is a very fine option. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Concordia of the South Hills
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Pittsburgh senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this facility received an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. Our inspection scores are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to alert you to the fact that this facility received a high-end score of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia of the South Hills?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this facility was awarded a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A- in this area. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. It does not appear that this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last category we assessed was nursing, where this facility was given a B+. This finished off a very favorable report card. Few facilities earned a B+ or higher in each of our categories. The nursing rating is based on many components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia of the South Hills Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia of the South Hills, 11.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia of the South Hills, 66.1% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 12 other nursing homes
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.39 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Davita - Bethel Park2.41 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Liberty Dialysis - Banksville2.73 miles away2875 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (412) 343-3060
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Banksville2.85 miles away2727 Banksville Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15216CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (412) 341-7410
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills3.15 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis6.01 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007
- Total Renal Care Inc6.36 miles away5888 Steubenville Pike, Suite 4 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 5 (412) 787-0314
- Ara - Dialysis Unit at Ohio Valley Hospital LLC6.36 miles awayMedical Arts Building 27 Heckel Road, Suite 113 Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 331-2423
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Three Rivers6.41 miles away1401 Forbes Avenue, Suite 250 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 281-8233