Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark is a nursing home located in Maryville, Tennessee. The city has a population of 81,474 people. This is a fine facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Maryville. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A+ for this category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received strong grades in the area of long-term care as well. As a result, we awarded it one of our most superb grades in that area with a score of A-. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 52.529182 percent of its residents. This is somewhat lower than we anticipated. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category was short-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. It received an abysmal F in this category. In spite of a few strong grades in other areas, this score is still a bit of a concern so we felt obligated to point it out. In computing our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is more often than not a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 2.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 8.67% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 89.63% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Maryville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maryville, Tennessee has 4 other nursing homes
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.63 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 12.66 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.87 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- East Tennessee Dialysis Center0.19 miles away1629 East Broadway Avenue Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 18 (865) 681-2900
- Total Renal Care, Inc.1.07 miles away714 East Harper Street Maryville Tennessee 37804CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (865) 379-1070
- Dci Maryville1.22 miles away1851 Crest Rd Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 983-2212
- Dci Knoxville11.69 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Knoxville Central Dialysis12.49 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Cedar Bluff12.74 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee12.93 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders13.31 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516