Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark is a nursing home located in Maryville, Tennessee. The city has a population of 81,474 people. This is a quality facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. We found this facility to be better than most of the nursing homes in Maryville, which has a city grade of B. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
307 N Fifth St Box 5477,
Maryville TN 37801
94.53% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded a strong long-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a score of B+. For residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 51.538464 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is a bit less than we expected but still a decent percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care. This nursing home was given a very good short-term care rating this year, with a grade of C. Even though this was not as good as several of its other grades, this is still a decent score in that area. Short-term care grades are often used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients which have suffered from UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 9.05% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 89.05% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Maryville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maryville, Tennessee has 4 other nursing homes
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.63 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 12.66 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.87 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- East Tennessee Dialysis Center0.19 miles away1629 East Broadway Avenue Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 18 (865) 681-2900
- Total Renal Care, Inc.1.07 miles away714 East Harper Street Maryville Tennessee 37804CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (865) 379-1070
- Dci Maryville1.22 miles away1851 Crest Rd Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 983-2212
- Dci Knoxville11.69 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Knoxville Central Dialysis12.49 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Cedar Bluff12.74 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee12.93 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders13.31 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516