Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark is a nursing home located in Maryville, Tennessee. The city has a population of 81,474 people. This is a fine facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Maryville. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Maryville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also received first-rate inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better grades in that area, with an A+. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's above average category grades came in the area of long-term care. We awarded them one of our more positive grades in that category, with a grade of B. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 56.92884 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. We analyzed the licensure of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in determining our rating in this area. This facility averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is a decent grade in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 9.14% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 88.31% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation- Fairpark, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Maryville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maryville, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.63 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 12.66 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.87 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- East Tennessee Dialysis Center0.19 miles away1629 East Broadway Avenue Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 18 (865) 681-2900
- Total Renal Care, Inc.1.07 miles away714 East Harper Street Maryville Tennessee 37804CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (865) 379-1070
- Dci Maryville1.22 miles away1851 Crest Rd Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 983-2212
- Dci Knoxville11.69 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Knoxville Central Dialysis12.49 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Cedar Bluff12.74 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee12.93 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders13.31 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516