Concordia Manor is on a list of 16 facilities in Saint Petersburg, Florida. It looks like this is a quality nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. If you look below, you will see this place's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Manor?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing grade consists of a handful of datapoints, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care. We gave this facility one of our better grades in this area, with a grade of B. This facility proved to be very solid in each area we assessed. Short-term care ratings are critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Manor, 4.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Manor, 0.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients that sustained a fall resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Manor, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have had urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Manor, 4.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Manor, 8.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Manor, 0.9% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Manor, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Manor, 8.41% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Manor, 2.35% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Concordia Manor, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Manor, 2.35% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Manor, 3.09% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Manor, 62.17% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 1.43 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 1.51 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 14.12 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- H Street North - St Petersburg0.39 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- St Petersburg Dialysis1.17 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care1.21 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis1.44 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg1.7 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.82 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.96 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South4.54 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279