Concordia at Villa St Joseph is in Baden, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 9,450 people. This is a great facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. This nursing home truly has plenty going for it. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Concordia at Villa St Joseph
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia at Villa St Joseph?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of C. This actually proved to be this facility's worst category. This is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. In forming these long-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's personal care services. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 91.914894 percent of its patients for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia at Villa St Joseph Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 3.23% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 88.5% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia at Villa St Joseph, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Heritage Valley BeaverAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away1000 Dutch Ridge Road Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 728-7000
- Heritage Valley SewickleyAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away720 Blackburn Road Sewickley Pennsylvania 15143Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 741-7000
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.22 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.89 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- East Liverpool City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.48 miles away425 West 5th Street East Liverpool Ohio 43920Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 385-7200
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 19.49 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Baden1.36 miles away1682 State Street Baden Pennsylvania 15005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 869-2830
- Liberty Dialysis - Friendship Ridge6.34 miles away246 Friendship Circle Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Dialysis Stations: 6 (724) 728-4320
- Liberty Dialysis - Hopewell6.42 miles away400 Corporation Drive Aliquippa Pennsylvania 15001Dialysis Stations: 22 (724) 378-6304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cranberry7.48 miles away5 Saint Francis Way Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066Dialysis Stations: 7 (724) 779-9770
- Dci of Seven Fields9.49 miles away201 Highpointe Drive Mars Pennsylvania 16046Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 779-3930
- Davita Thorn Run Dialysis9.77 miles away1136 Thorn Run Road, Suite j1 Coraopolis Pennsylvania 15108Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 269-2304
- Dci of Beaver Falls / Chippewa11.41 miles away2562 Constitution Boulevard Beaver Falls Pennsylvania 15010Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 891-5044
- Liberty Dialysis - Chippewa11.66 miles away100 Pappan Business Drive Beaver Falls Pennsylvania 15010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (724) 846-5030