Concordia at Rebecca Residence is a small non-profit nursing home located in Allison Park, Pennsylvania. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Concordia at Rebecca Residence
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Allison Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this facility also earned top notch government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that area, with an A. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we rated this facility so favorably is that it was given a very impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, short-term care turned out to be its second highest category score. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. Short-term care grades are vital for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia at Rebecca Residence?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area was long-term care, which is the final area we looked at. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia at Rebecca Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 3.3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 86.27% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia at Rebecca Residence, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- Allegheny Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away1301 Carlisle St Natrona Heights Pennsylvania 15065Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 224-5100
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 11.6 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Harmar Village5.66 miles away725 Freeport Road Cheswick Pennsylvania 15024Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 823-5422
- Davita - Harmarville Dialysis5.73 miles away791 Freeport Road Cheswick Pennsylvania 15024Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 274-9281
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Shaler6.82 miles away880 Butler Street Shaler Plaza Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15223Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 782-3790
- Total Renal Care, Inc.7.12 miles away1 Kensington Square B New Kensington Pennsylvania 15068Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 335-2876
- Dci of New Kensington7.18 miles away722 Fourth Avenue New Kensington Pennsylvania 15068Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 339-1772
- Dci of North Hills8.01 miles away3412 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (412) 635-0211
- Davita Allegheny Valley Dialysis8.97 miles away1620 Pacific Avenue Heights Plaza Shopping Center Natrona Heights Pennsylvania 15065Dialysis Stations: 11 (724) 224-4382
- Upmc Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh9.83 miles awayOne Children's Hospital Drive 4401 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 864-8717