Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation is one of four available nursing homes in Painesville, Ohio. It looks like this nursing home is among the most elite facilities we looked at. This nursing home received one of the highest ratings we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category scores, which look to be equally strong as its overall grade.
Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Painesville, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received a grade of A in our long-term care category. For patients in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 70.93023 percent of its patients. This is slightly below what we expected. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, we awarded this facility a score of A for its short-term care score. This is a first-rate rating. With our short-term care grade, we try to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The last category we graded is nursing, where this nursing home received a grade of A-. This topped off a very impressive profile. Few facilities earned an A- or better in in each area we assessed. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concord Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Painesville, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Painesville, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Lake HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away7590 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 953-9600
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uhhs Memorial Hospital of GenevaCritical Access Hospitals 17.74 miles away870 West Main Street Geneva Ohio 44041Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 466-1141
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.27 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Davita - Auburn Road Dialysis0.5 miles away7611 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 13 (440) 357-2927
- Community Dialysis Center3.47 miles away1233 Mentor Avenue Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 15 (440) 357-9262
- Community Dialysis Center6.5 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (440) 951-3602
- Fmc - Mentor Dialysis6.5 miles away8840 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 17 (440) 974-3459
- Cdc Home Care Mentor6.5 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 4 (440) 951-3602
- Center for Dialysis Care at Heather Hill8.97 miles away12340 Basslake Road Chardon Ohio 44024Dialysis Stations: 12 (440) 286-4103
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid13.93 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.14.31 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750