Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center is located in Toledo, Ohio, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation. This is a subpar nursing home, with an overall grade of D. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 16 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection grade. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home's overall score, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with too many deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this place still received a relatively positive inspection report.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse score was long-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a relatively poor grade. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. We were a bit worried that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 87.82051 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for the area of short-term care. This is the facility's least impressive category score. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Based on its score in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics sunk this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concord Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 1.77 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Southland Dialysis0.79 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center1.16 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis2.63 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3.02 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.25 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.25 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Usrc Maumee, LLC3.6 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis4.16 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447