Concord Care Center of Toledo is located in Toledo, Ohio, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation. This is a subpar nursing home, with an overall grade of D. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 16 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection grade. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Concord Care Center of Toledo
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home's overall score, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with too many deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this place still received a relatively positive inspection report.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Concord Care Center of Toledo?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category was long-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is basically a slightly below average score in this category. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to assess a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 79.36508 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category is short-term care, which is the final area we scored. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of D. In forming these short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Based on its score in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concord Care Center of Toledo Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term residents that sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 20% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concord Care Center of Toledo, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 1.77 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Southland Dialysis0.79 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center1.16 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis2.63 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3.02 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.25 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.25 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Usrc Maumee, LLC3.6 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis4.16 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447