Complete Care at Myers Park is a large nursing home in Charlotte, North Carolina. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber generally indicates a few concerning datapoints. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 20 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Complete Care at Myers Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
300 Providence Road,
Charlotte NC 28207
61.12% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although this place's overall score was not a highlight, it actually received a very good grade in the category of inspections. We gave it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with too many severe deficiencies flagged. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. There are a host of factors included in this area. Many of these factors relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Myers Park?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care score. This is not one of our better scores. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. The last item we considered in this category is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home did not perform well in this category either. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated only 52.892563 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Myers Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 3.01% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 87.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Myers Park, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 19 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.1 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.48 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Presbyterian Hospital0.43 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte North Carolina 28204Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 384-4034
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit0.85 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- Fresenius Medical Care Charlotte1.11 miles away928 Baxter Street Charlotte North Carolina 28204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 348-2950
- Bma East Charlotte1.15 miles away1334 Central Avenue Charlotte North Carolina 28205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 334-2226
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis1.5 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Charlotte Dialysis3.23 miles away2321 W Morehead Street Charlotte North Carolina 28208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (704) 333-5535
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate3.54 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Charlotte East Dialysis4.08 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962