With an address in Brick, New Jersey, Complete Care at Laurelton is one of four available facilities in this area. This proved to be a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. As far as we can see, this place is a good fit for most people. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Complete Care at Laurelton
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, this place excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so well is that it was given a very impressive short-term care score. In fact, short-term care ended up being its second most favorable category score. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Short-term care grades are often employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Laurelton?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are seeing patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, we awarded this facility a D in the area of long-term care. This was the facility's weakest category score. Of course, this grade pulled down the nursing home's overall profile to some degree. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to only 76.15894 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Laurelton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 5.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Laurelton, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Brick, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Brick, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.16 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.08 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc0.2 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick0.26 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Physicians Dialysis Brick2.06 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis3.99 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River4.07 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)5.24 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Wall Township Home Training8.47 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis9.29 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055