Complete Care at Hamilton is located in Passaic, New Jersey, a city with a population of 69,816 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is one of our best grades. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the nation. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Complete Care at Hamilton
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Passaic senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Passaic, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility also excelled in our inspections category, which is based on the facility's inspection reports. We gave it an A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to alert you to the fact that this facility received a first-rate grade of A- in our long-term care area. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 83.28173 percent of its patients. This is slightly lower than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Hamilton?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing score is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, this facility also was awarded an excellent short-term care rating, with a grade of B+. This wrapped up a first-rate report card. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Hamilton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 6.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents which experienced a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 19.44% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 16.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 3.63% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 91.08% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 20.75% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 23.94% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 23.94% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 8.8% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Hamilton, 75.74% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.78 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 5.74 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.17 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Physicians Dialysis Passaic0.98 miles away10 Clifton Blvd Clifton New Jersey 07011CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (973) 594-9100
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center0.99 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750
- Davita Hackensack3.38 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC3.38 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- Teterboro Dialysis3.41 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis3.41 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis3.56 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- Davita Lyndhurst Dialysis3.6 miles away554-a New York Avenue Lyndhurst New Jersey 07071Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 933-4782