Complete Care at Green Acres is in Toms River, New Jersey. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this is a high quality facility. We were pleased to learn that this matched the average grade of nursing homes in Toms River, which is one of the better cities in New Jersey to find a nursing home. Fortunately, this facility did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades is available below.
Complete Care at Green Acres
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility earned near flawless government inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received impressive grades in the area of short-term care as well. Consequently, we gave it one of our best grades in that category with a score of A-. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Green Acres?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing grades are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a solid grade of C. This actually was this nursing home's least impressive category. With our long-term care category, we look at the sheer quantity of care provided by a facility, along with a series of qualitative measures. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.15951 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Green Acres Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents which had a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 5.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 92% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Green Acres, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Toms River, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Toms River, New Jersey has 7 other nursing homes
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center3.93 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River4.1 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis4.23 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Physicians Dialysis Brick4.93 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick5.94 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)5.96 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc6.06 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis8.95 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055