Complete Care at Charlotte is an average-sized nursing home located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. We found this to be one of the bottom three facilities in Charlotte based on the data we assessed. With so many other facilities in the city, you should be able to do better. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Complete Care at Charlotte
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2616 East 5th Street,
Charlotte NC 28204
73.16% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it earned a very impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that area with a B+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Tragically, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care score. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Given its poor rating in this area, we were not shocked to discover that this nursing home offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Charlotte?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. There are a variety of factors included in this category. Many of the subcategories reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in that category. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.672134 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Charlotte Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 3.01% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 87.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Charlotte, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 19 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.17 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 19.91 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Presbyterian Hospital0.84 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte North Carolina 28204Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 384-4034
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis0.87 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Bma East Charlotte1.06 miles away1334 Central Avenue Charlotte North Carolina 28205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 334-2226
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit1.57 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- Fresenius Medical Care Charlotte1.78 miles away928 Baxter Street Charlotte North Carolina 28204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 348-2950
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate2.94 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Charlotte East Dialysis3.36 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Charlotte Dialysis3.9 miles away2321 W Morehead Street Charlotte North Carolina 28208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (704) 333-5535