Compere Nh is a senior living facility in Jackson, Mississippi, a city with 175,127 people. Sporting an overall score of B, this looks like a good option. In fact, we thought highly enough of this facility to rate it ahead of most of the nursing homes in Jackson. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jackson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an A+ for the area of inspections. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its dominant long-term care score. We awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a score of A-. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 76.07655 percent of its residents. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Compere Nh?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, we gave this facility a D for our short-term care category. This was the nursing home's least impressive category score. Of course, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall profile a bit. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. We found that this place was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we considered the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Compere Nh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Compere Nh, 10.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Compere Nh, 3.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Compere Nh, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Compere Nh, 21.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Compere Nh, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Compere Nh, 1.78% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Compere Nh, 93.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Compere Nh, 18.69% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Compere Nh, 17.05% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Compere Nh, 2.16 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Compere Nh, 17.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Compere Nh, 15.26 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 5 other nursing homes
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.36 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 4.81 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health MadisonAcute Care Hospitals 19.67 miles away161 River Oaks Drive Canton Mississippi 39046Proprietary(601) 855-4000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.0.21 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home0.69 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Medical Mall Dialysis1.75 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Fmc Jackson1.96 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Isd Renal Inc3.14 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fmc Southwest Jackson4.84 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc5.44 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Isd Renal Inc5.53 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897