Compere Nh is a senior living facility in Jackson, Mississippi, a city with 175,127 people. This is a good facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Jackson. You could definitely do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall rating. Inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 91.237114 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Compere Nh?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are caring for patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Lastly, although this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, we gave this facility a D for short-term care. This was the facility's least impressive category rating. Sadly, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall grade a bit. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Compere Nh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Compere Nh, 10.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Compere Nh, 3.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Compere Nh, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Compere Nh, 20.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Compere Nh, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Compere Nh, 2.34% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Compere Nh, 93.38% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Compere Nh, 19.45% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Compere Nh, 23.26% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Compere Nh, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Compere Nh, 23.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Compere Nh, 13.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 9 other nursing homes
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.36 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 4.81 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health MadisonAcute Care Hospitals 19.67 miles away161 River Oaks Drive Canton Mississippi 39046Proprietary(601) 855-4000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.0.21 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home0.69 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Medical Mall Dialysis1.75 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Fmc Jackson1.96 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Isd Renal Inc3.14 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fmc Southwest Jackson4.84 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc5.44 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Isd Renal Inc5.53 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897