Compere Nh is a senior living facility in Jackson, Mississippi, a city with 175,127 people. Sporting an overall score of C, this looks like a solid nursing home. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Jackson, which is a B-. The best part of this place's profile was its remarkable inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
865 North Street,
Jackson MS 39202
90.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a positive long-term care grade. In fact, we gave them a B in that area, which is one of our more favorable scores. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 90.206184 percent of its patients. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Compere Nh?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing score. We gave this facility an impressive grade of D. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are caring for patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area was short-term care, which is the last category we scored. We gave it an abysmal F for this category. In spite of some solid grades in other categories, this score is still disappointing so we felt obligated to make sure you are aware. Our short-term care grades are arguably more meaningful for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected here. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Compere Nh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Compere Nh, 10.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Compere Nh, 3.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Compere Nh, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Compere Nh, 20.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Compere Nh, 22.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Compere Nh, 2.3% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Compere Nh, 93.75% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Compere Nh, 18.95% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Compere Nh, 20.82% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Compere Nh, 1.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Compere Nh, 20.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Compere Nh, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 9 other nursing homes
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.36 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 4.81 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health MadisonAcute Care Hospitals 19.67 miles away161 River Oaks Drive Canton Mississippi 39046Proprietary(601) 855-4000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.0.21 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home0.69 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Medical Mall Dialysis1.75 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Fmc Jackson1.96 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Isd Renal Inc3.14 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fmc Southwest Jackson4.84 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc5.44 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Isd Renal Inc5.53 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897