Community Medical Center Transitional Care is in Toms River, New Jersey. This facility is one of the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate marks across the board. In addition, this nursing home is also located in a hospital, which often means the nursing home offers more extensive healthcare services. This nursing home also received strong ratings in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Community Medical Center Transitional Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Toms River senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Toms River, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Toms River, New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Toms River, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled at short-term care. We awarded them an elite grade of A+ in this area. Short-term care ratings are crucial for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Medical Center Transitional Care?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very strong rating. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last category we analyzed, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of A in our nursing category. With this score, the nursing home rounded out a straight A profile. When computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Medical Center Transitional Care Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community Medical Center Transitional Care, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community Medical Center Transitional Care, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Southern Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.27 miles away1140 Rt 72 W Manahawkin New Jersey 08050Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 597-6011
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.74 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center1.7 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River5.7 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)6.39 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Physicians Dialysis Brick7.51 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis8.44 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Fmc Whiting Dialysis Ctr8.73 miles away400-430 Route 530 Pinewald-Keswick Road Manchester Township New Jersey 08759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 350-8405
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick9.1 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc9.31 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669