Community First Medical Center looks like it is one of 81 facilities located in Chicago, Illinois. The city has quite a few more options to choose from than most areas in the state. With an overall score of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded facilities we looked at. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Community First Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our short-term care scores are likely more important for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Community First Medical Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. The nursing score consists of several components, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an acceptable grade of B-. This is this facility's least impressive category. Our long-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents looking for non-healthcare services such as personal care. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Finally, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community First Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community First Medical Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community First Medical Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Norwegian-American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 292-8200
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis0.53 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051
- Fmc - West Belmont1.02 miles away4943 W Belmont Ave. Chicago Illinois 60641CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (773) 685-7500
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis1.5 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis2.3 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714
- Davita - Logan Square Dialysis Svcs Inc3.01 miles away2838 N Kimball Ave Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (773) 342-3738
- Fmc - Logan Square3.13 miles away2721 N Spaulding Chicago Illinois 60647Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 292-2971
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.3.61 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Fmc - Austin Community Kidney Center3.67 miles away4800 W Chicago Ave., 2nd Floor Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 287-0680