Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino is in San Bernardino, California, a city with 236,660 people. This facility received a strong overall rating of B+, leading us to rank it as one of the better options in San Bernardino. This really is an impressive accomplishment since the city has some quality nursing homes. Even in a city with 11 other nursing homes, this facility caught our attention as a superb selection. Fortunately, this place didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this facility earned nearly flawless government inspections. Therefore, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing grade is largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this nursing home also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is short-term care. We gave this facility a decent grade in that area, with a grade of B-. Even though this was not on par with a few of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not the end of the world. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which sustained a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have had a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 95.72% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Scores for San Bernardino, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Bernardino, California has 10 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 0.07 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Mountains Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.77 miles away29101 Hospital Road Lake Arrowhead California 92352Government - Hospital District or Authority(909) 336-3651
- Davita Serrano Dialysis0.05 miles away1800 Medical Center Dr. Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92411Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 887-2717
- Davita-Mountain Vista Dialysis Center2.46 miles away4041 University Parkway San Bernardino California 92407CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 887-0173
- Fmc-Rai-North Waterman-San Bernardino2.5 miles away1500 N. Waterman Avenue. Suite A San Bernardino California 92404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 381-1591
- Fmc-Rai-North Riverside-Rialto2.78 miles away1850 N. Riverside Avenue, Suite 150 Rialto California 92376CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 879-1185
- Fmc-Rai-Care Centers of Colton, LLC4.12 miles away1275 W. "C" Street Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 430-0930
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center4.18 miles away400 N. Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Dialysis Stations: 8 (909) 580-3911
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis4.39 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Fmc-San Bernardino5.02 miles away636 E. Brier Drive, Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 890-9508