Community Convalescent Center is located in Plant City, Florida. With an overall grade of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. You can certainly do worse than this facility. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Community Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Plant City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We weren't able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without having access to deficiency data, it is challenging to assess the place in terms of this category.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable score in the area of short-term care, with a grade of C. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Convalescent Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a D for its long-term care rating, which is not one of our better scores. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.71265 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
The final category we scored is nursing, which is a weak link for this facility. We awarded this facility a D for the area of nursing. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Convalescent Center, 12.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Convalescent Center, 3.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Convalescent Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Convalescent Center, 2.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Convalescent Center, 37.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Convalescent Center, 0.31% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Convalescent Center, 75.65% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Convalescent Center, 15.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Convalescent Center, 12.41% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Community Convalescent Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Convalescent Center, 12.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community Convalescent Center, 5.76% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community Convalescent Center, 77.83% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- South Florida Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away301 N Alexander St Plant City Florida 33563Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 757-1200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Lakeland Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.27 miles away1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland Florida 33805Voluntary non-profit - Private(863) 687-1100
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 16.5 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Adventhealth ZephyrhillsAcute Care Hospitals 16.9 miles away7050 Gall Blvd Zephyrhills Florida 33541Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 788-0411
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 17.33 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Bartow Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.33 miles away2200 Osprey Blvd Bartow Florida 33831Proprietary(863) 533-8111
- Plant City Dialysis1.21 miles away1211 W Reynolds St Ste 1 Plant City Florida 33563CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 752-2136
- Brandon East Dialysis10.31 miles away114 E Brandon Blvd Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 657-2783
- Brandon Artificial Kidney Center10.88 miles away514 Medical Oaks Ave Brandon Florida 33511Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 661-3815
- Dsi South Tampa LLC11.28 miles away731 West Lumsden Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (813) 661-7474
- Lakeland South Dialysis11.73 miles away4774 South Florida Avenue Lakeland Florida 33813CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (863) 646-0462
- Lake Vista Dialysis11.99 miles away3187 Us Hwy 98 N Lakeland Florida 33805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (863) 603-2130
- Fresenius Kidney Care Lakeland12.37 miles away1550 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland Florida 33805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (863) 680-1046
- Lakeland Dialysis12.49 miles away515 E. Bella Vista St. Lakeland Florida 33805Dialysis Stations: 16 (863) 688-5463