Community Convalescent Center is an average-sized non-profit facility in Plant City, Florida. This is a well below average nursing home, with an overall grade of D. This isn't the worse place we graded, however, we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Community Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent grade in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. We were not able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without having the deficiency related data for this facility, it is difficult to assess it in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest category we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. In determining these long-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 96.732025 percent of its residents, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Convalescent Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home received just a D in this area. In crafting our short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. With a grade in this range for this area, we were not shocked to learn that this place was below average in many staffing metrics we focus on. In fact, it offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.9 percent of its residents returning home.
The final area we scored is nursing, which was this nursing home's least impressive category. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Convalescent Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Convalescent Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Convalescent Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Convalescent Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Convalescent Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Convalescent Center, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Convalescent Center, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Convalescent Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Convalescent Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Community Convalescent Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Convalescent Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community Convalescent Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community Convalescent Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- South Florida Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away301 N Alexander St Plant City Florida 33563Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 757-1200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Lakeland Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.27 miles away1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland Florida 33805Voluntary non-profit - Private(863) 687-1100
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 16.5 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Adventhealth ZephyrhillsAcute Care Hospitals 16.9 miles away7050 Gall Blvd Zephyrhills Florida 33541Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 788-0411
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 17.33 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Bartow Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.33 miles away2200 Osprey Blvd Bartow Florida 33831Proprietary(863) 533-8111
- Plant City Dialysis1.21 miles away1211 W Reynolds St Ste 1 Plant City Florida 33563CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 752-2136
- Brandon East Dialysis10.31 miles away114 E Brandon Blvd Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 657-2783
- Brandon Artificial Kidney Center10.88 miles away514 Medical Oaks Ave Brandon Florida 33511Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 661-3815
- Dsi South Tampa LLC11.28 miles away731 West Lumsden Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (813) 661-7474
- Lakeland South Dialysis11.73 miles away4774 South Florida Avenue Lakeland Florida 33813CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (863) 646-0462
- Lake Vista Dialysis11.99 miles away3187 Us Hwy 98 N Lakeland Florida 33805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (863) 603-2130
- Fresenius Kidney Care Lakeland12.37 miles away1550 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland Florida 33805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (863) 680-1046
- Lakeland Dialysis12.49 miles away515 E. Bella Vista St. Lakeland Florida 33805Dialysis Stations: 16 (863) 688-5463